Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bitbit
Helper I
Helper I

DAX formula to combine "Filter" and "ALL"

Hi. My table "data" in Power BI captures data for all 12 months for budget and 9 months of actual sales.  My Power BI report has a page filter set for "month".  I would like to create a measure in Power BI desktop which can generate the total year budget sales without having to remove the page filter.

This is what I had created for the measure:

Measure = calculate(sum(data[Sales]),data[version]="Budget",all(data[month]))

The result however only captures 9 months' of budget sales. Pls advise how I should amend the DAX formula.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bitbit,

You can create a measure as below.

total year budget sales = CALCULATE(SUM(data[Sales]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(data,data[Country]),data[version]="Budget"))

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bitbit,

You can create a measure as below.

total year budget sales = CALCULATE(SUM(data[Sales]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(data,data[Country]),data[version]="Budget"))

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank.  Solution works, many thanks!

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bitbit,

Please try to use this formual to create a measure. If it doesn't meet your requirement, Kindly share your pbix to me.

Measure = calculate(sum(data[Sales]),Filter(all(data),data[version]="Budget"))

Regards,

Frank

Hi.  Pls advise how I can obtain total year budget sales for each country in my sample pbix report (below url) without having to adjust the page filter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1zv1hycllbeqco/test.pbix?dl=0

AkhilAshok
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You basically have to clear all filters which are dependant on Sales, not just Date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this:

Measure = calculate(sum(data[Sales]),data[version]="Budget",all(data))

Tell us if works for you.

Hi, Miltinho.  My table includes data breakdown into various sales area, by changing the formula, I can no longer get the total for each sales area which I need for other BI charts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bitbit,
It's better if you include a file with sample data with what you have to help you in a right way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.