Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MaleneL
Helper I
Helper I

DAX Time intelligent with Tabular Editor 3/6/9 months ago

Hi all

I have build a model in Desktop by using Time inelligent through Tabular Editor (free Version) but having trouble to find out how to build the function in Editor for 3 months ago, 6 montsh ago and 9 montsh ago. Just like I have build it for previousmonth:

CALCULATE ( SELECTEDMEASURE (), previousmonth ( 'Dim_kalender' [Date] ) )

I have then tryed to bulid it by using DATEADD: 

CALCULATE( CALCULATE( sum(Fact_DWH[Enga_kredit])/1000000), DATEADD(Dim_Kalender[Date],-6,MONTH))

but when I put it in to a matrix visualisation it comes up with an error: "Function 'DATEADD' expects a contiguous selection, when the date column comes from a tabel a tabel on the 1-side of a bi-directional relationship."
I cannot seem to see this error while my date tabel contain all dates

Is it correct that you cannot work with 3 months ago, 6 months ago and 9 months ago in the time intelligent in tabular Editor? and if not have do I then solved it 

thanks in advance

Malene

1 REPLY 1
jolind1996
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello, Malene

I am not able to replicate your problem. However, when facing a similar problem, the following post helped me: Defanging the “contiguous date selections” error - P3 Adaptive. Here, they use the HASONEVALUE() function. Do make sure that your date table is correctly marked as a date table: How to Create Date Tables in Power BI Tutorial | DataCamp

Kind regards,

Johannes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.