Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Pradeep_757
Regular Visitor

Custom Legend grouping color change

Hi Power BI Experts,

I am new to Power BI

I have one requirement, which is one dimension that is no. of days field and one measure that is average of amount field, and one legend that is account number field as of now line chart looks good, but here I want differentiate account numbers colors based on region.

This requirement needs fullfill in Power BI Line chart.

Please help me, thanks in advance.

Expected Output. 

Pradeep_757_1-1662028474580.png

@Amit @pavan

Regards

Pradeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Pradeep_757 ,

Based on my research and testing, the default line chart currently only supports one field on the Legend option of the line chart visual. Here's a similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas where you can vote and add your comments to improve Power BI's improvements to this feature.

Line Chart with multiple values fields and legends

And could you please provide some sample data(exclude sensitive data) and your final expected result? Later we can check if there is any workaround or alternative to achieve it. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Pradeep_757 , Not very clear to me. But you can have legend or multiple measures, not both

Can we have multiple legends in Power BI line chart.

Hi @Pradeep_757 ,

Based on my research and testing, the default line chart currently only supports one field on the Legend option of the line chart visual. Here's a similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas where you can vote and add your comments to improve Power BI's improvements to this feature.

Line Chart with multiple values fields and legends

And could you please provide some sample data(exclude sensitive data) and your final expected result? Later we can check if there is any workaround or alternative to achieve it. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.