Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Isaac-cordova
Frequent Visitor

Custom Column that can record the CREATED DATE OF EXCEL SURVEY LINE ITEM

Hello Experts,

I have created a EXCEL ONLINE SURVEY with 2 questions (NPS typical Q.)  and used it as data-source for my NPS PBI report.

WITHIN PBI DESKTOP I need to create a TIMELINE FOR  the  CREATION-DATE of the Responses.

Q: What is the best approach to get the date-created recorded please?

Kind Regards

Isaac

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Isaac-cordova

Power BI dekstop is just a design tool for rendering the data from the data source. In this scenario, those date-creation time should be recorded in your data source which is EXCEL ONLINE SURVEY. If it doesn't log the date-creation time, you can do nothing in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Thank you for replying.  you are right, I will have to find out a way in EXCEL ONLINE SURVEY to get the Today´s Date.

I do not desire to prompt the respondents to fill in the "Date" for me. they will drop the survey.

- Unfortunately EXCEL ONLINE SURVEY does not offer  such thing as  default a Field To  " =TODAY()"

So I will have to take my question  to  a EXCEL ONLINE SURVEY Forum

Thank you and thanks to

This is tough. I don't think there is a feature in Excel surveys to create a time stamp automatically. You could ask it as a question, but I guess it would be subject to error. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.