Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jucaharo
Regular Visitor

Currency alteration

Hi.

I am with some issue with two visuals, the numbers are displayed with dot (.) for the decimal separation and comma (,) for the thousand separation, but when I am changing it to the brazilian currency (R$) wich is the comma for decimals and dot for the thousand, it doesn't change.

I sent a e-mail for the developer and they talked it was the Power BI team that should help me.

What should I do?

Thank you in advance

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@jucaharo,

Where do you change the brazilian currency? When changing thousand seperator and decimal seperator, you would need to firstly change region setting in your computer, for more details, please review my reply in this similar thread. But in region settings, I haven't found Brazilian format.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft,

The problem is that, all that is talked on the similar thread is what I already did, by the way, I sent the report for other persons and the problem is the same for them.

I checked if the parameters of region and it were all correctly set for them too.

@jucaharo,

Could you please post the version number of your Power BI Desktop?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Version 2.55.5010.641 64-bit.

@jucaharo,

This issue has been submitted internally. I will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

Thank you @v-yuezhe-msft

@jucaharo,

This issue which will be fixed in May or June update of Power BI Desktop. Currently, you can use previous version of Power BI Desktop such as January update to work aournd this issue.

Regards,
Lydia

We are experiencing this issue, also.  We need to be able to display any desired format regardless of region of Power BI or the OS. 

We tried

* Changing the format of the field to BRL (Brazil)

* Formatting via currency

* Formatting via format() function

* Specifying a locale

We are trying to get the Brazil (BRL) format where the dots are thousands separators and the comma is the decimal separator.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.