Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sperry
Resolver I
Resolver I

Cumulative Values Not Showing Correctly On Date Axis

I would like to present a graph that shows the cumulative number of booster vaccinations required by month. created a 'dummy' model containing the scenario. Please see model in link below. I seem to be getting some spurious data for months where I am expecting no data.

sperry_0-1648771893538.png

CumulativeForForum.pbix

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @sperry ,

Please try to update the formula of measure [Total Cumulative Boosters Required Maori] as below and check whether it can get your expected result. You can find the details in the attachment.

Note: The part with red font is updated one...

Total Cumulative Boosters Required Maori =
IF (
ISBLANK ( [Total Cumulative Eligible Booster Māori] )
|| ISBLANK ( [Total Cumulative Boosters Administered DHB Residence Māori] ),
BLANK (),
( 'COVID-19 Vaccinations DHB of Residence'[Total Cumulative Eligible Booster Māori] - 'COVID-19 Vaccinations DHB of Residence'[Total Cumulative Boosters Administered DHB Residence Māori] )
)

yingyinr_0-1649149388605.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Perfect - works a treat..thanks for that

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your data has blank "Eligible Booster Date"  fields.

You are absolutely right - I use the data for several reasons so some rows are validly blank for the "Eligible Booster Date"  fields. Not sure how this helps me. If I filter out the blank dates then incorrect values are shown in the column chart visual

Hi @sperry ,

Please try to update the formula of measure [Total Cumulative Boosters Required Maori] as below and check whether it can get your expected result. You can find the details in the attachment.

Note: The part with red font is updated one...

Total Cumulative Boosters Required Maori =
IF (
ISBLANK ( [Total Cumulative Eligible Booster Māori] )
|| ISBLANK ( [Total Cumulative Boosters Administered DHB Residence Māori] ),
BLANK (),
( 'COVID-19 Vaccinations DHB of Residence'[Total Cumulative Eligible Booster Māori] - 'COVID-19 Vaccinations DHB of Residence'[Total Cumulative Boosters Administered DHB Residence Māori] )
)

yingyinr_0-1649149388605.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Perfect - works a treat..thanks for that

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.