Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DCS2011
Helper I
Helper I

Cross flitering with other than default visuals

On my dashboard if I have nothing but the default visuals I can cross filter across the various visuals with CTRL+Click.

Meaning if chose a catergory on one visual I can futher filter the result by clicking another visual.

However, if I use any visuals added via get more visuals, regardless of who made them, this functionality is completely lost.

Does any one know why this is and if there is a way to fix it? It is really limiting what visuals I can use. 

3 REPLIES 3
DCS2011
Helper I
Helper I

So even visuals from microsoft do have the ability, which I thought was strange. 

vicky_
Super User
Super User

You can't use crossfiltering on custom visuals if the developers haven't coded it in. You can contact the developer, or consider switching to a different visual that does support cross-filtering.

Interesting since some are microsoft version, and maybe I should say MULTI select instead of cross filter. Meaning clicking two values in two visual. 

However, this is not working on some dashboards once published. Do you know any reason why it would get disable in the published version vs. the desktop version?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.