Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndyDD_UK
Helper II
Helper II

Cross filter chart hidden/unhidden by bookmark

I have a time series showing sales for Jan - Dec. Let's call that viz 1.

I also have a stacked bar showing sales by region for the same period, Jan - Dec. Lets call that viz 2.

When I open the report I see viz 1. I also see two bookmark buttons, one called 'Line' , the other called 'Stack'.

Pressing 'Stack' brings viz 2 to the foreground (so that I cannot see viz 1, as they're in the same space).

Pressing 'line' brings viz 1 to the foreground (so that I cannot see viz 2).

I want the vizzes to interact/filter with each other. So if I click on eg March data point on viz 1, then press 'stack' bookmark to bring up viz 1 I only see March data in viz 2.

How do I do this ? Note I unticked data option when I updated the book marks and this doesn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @AndyDD_UK ,

If the visual are not showned at the same time this is not possible since the the interaction comes from the "click" on one chart and that is not keeped when you have to then click on the other bookmark button making it loose the filter.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @AndyDD_UK ,

If the visual are not showned at the same time this is not possible since the the interaction comes from the "click" on one chart and that is not keeped when you have to then click on the other bookmark button making it loose the filter.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.