Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dgo1973
Regular Visitor

Credentials being prompted when opening Power bi and four identical screens asking to pick account

About a week ago I have noticed Power Bi asking me to type my Windows password, and then 4 identical screens display one after the other asking me to pick up the account ( user id).

Of course this is annoying. the only thing that has changed is that I added two apps into my cloud power bi workspace, I haven't done any other changes to the tool.

5 REPLIES 5
p0955274
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same here, /"Q%"$% Power bi prompting me to sign in, even though I'm working on another Power  Bi file, and I'm already connected, It's been about 20 times since this morning, and does not do it with any other MS app or file. It's very frustrating

KHS
Regular Visitor

Hi dgo1973, could you meanwile solve the problem? I'm facing the same issue and did not find a solution so far.

Dgo1973
Regular Visitor

No, today it was worse I got 14 screen prompts.

The only difference this time is that my IT department updated my system from Microsoft 365 to Microsoft 2021.

Dgo1973
Regular Visitor

I added my credentials on the Data Source Settings / Global Permissions / Edit Permissions/Edit 

it keeps login me off the Microsoft account section

It never saves the credentials. 

This is something New it wasn't happening two weeks ago.

every time I launch power BiSnag_24065740.png

Snag_24052826.png

Snag_24053d44.png

 You can see the succession of screen promts 

Snag_24027a4c.png

Snag_24028c5d.png

Snag_24029c3b.png

Snag_2402ab3f.png

Snag_2402b8fb.png

  

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Dgo1973 ,

Where do you want to show the credentials, is it on Power BI Service or Power BI Desktop, and can you show the problem you are having in the form of a picture?

You can open Power bi file and then Go to transform data and under that select data source credential then update or edit credential in that tab .

vyangliumsft_0-1671759474364.png

This is the related document, you can view this content:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-troubleshooting-sign-in

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.