Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BartWitteveen

Credentials ODATA feed in Power Bi Online

Does anyone know how to setup the credentials in Power BI Online for automatically refreshing the report for ODATA feed?

From Power BI Desktop my connection is ok and i can refresh the data.

In Power BI Online > Settings > Data source credentials i get the error :

Processing errorThe credentials provided for the OData source are invalid

Regards, Bart Witteveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, In Power Bi Service i did again the same setup as within Desktop, so Basic with the TopDesk loginname and pasword the application key. Now it works fine and the data is refreshing according the schedule

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@BartWitteveen , Have you set up on premise gateway for that. And done update the gateway setting and connection details in the setting of the dataset?

Hi, 

I don't use a gateway for refreshing. The OData feed is connected to TopDesk application. From Power BI Desktop there is no problem, refreshing is OK.

But i guess i miss the option in Power BI service within the settings. I expected an OAuth option, but that is missing.

Regards, Bart 

additional:

In power bi Desktop i login with Basic and loginname of TopDesk application and password the key, that works fine 

Hi @BartWitteveen ,

This seems a know issue. Some services support the ability for the OData connector to authenticate with OAuth/AAD authentication out of the box. However, this won't work in most cases. 

For more detail refer this official article.

Power Query OData Feed connector - Power Query | Microsoft Docs

Or please try modify the connector in power query, add Headers information or ApiKeyName in OData.Feed() function.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, In Power Bi Service i did again the same setup as within Desktop, so Basic with the TopDesk loginname and pasword the application key. Now it works fine and the data is refreshing according the schedule

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.