Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Schoif-D
Helper I
Helper I

Creature % of total column

Hi

I have a matrix in my dashboard im building, and i want to add a column that calculates the % per line of the total, there are slicers and selections that will alter this number, suxh as date range etc, i have tried to build a calculated column, but it jsut keeps returning an error, this is simple to do in excel but doing this in Power BI when i dont get an error, all i get is 100% for everythiing, how is this done?

For instance i want to divide 13/165 then 2/165 then 24/165 and so on, i have a card visual that shows me 165 as a total number, but i cant get a measure to work with that without returning 100% where it is picking up the row name, for example Row A, Row B, then it is saying im dividing 13/13 and 2/2 etc.

Anyone have any ideas how this is done?, Thanks

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Schoif-D,

Add the column you want to calculat (No Complaints) then just select quick calc and Show value as % of grand total, it's good for average, sum, ... and can be used in all visuals

quickcalc.png

Regards

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Schoif-D,

Add the column you want to calculat (No Complaints) then just select quick calc and Show value as % of grand total, it's good for average, sum, ... and can be used in all visuals

quickcalc.png

Regards

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Easy as that, thank you @MFelix

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.