Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VladyOselsky
Frequent Visitor

Creating labels for a multiple related columns

Hello,

I have table with multiple columns which need to be grouped together with labels to identify the information. I could just rename columns but then it would be extremely long names. I'm trying to do something similar to screenshot below where there is custom group for Revenue, Profitability and Customer.

Is it possible to achive this with out of the box functionality of Power Bi without having to create custom measures like outlined in 

following solution https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Matrix-column-header-label-custom-group/td-p/1253196

Info River's table visual seems to have this functionality however I don't have or plan to purchase it.

VladyOselsky_0-1684513708681.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @VladyOselsky 
For the same purpose, I am just using textboxes.

Ritaf1983_0-1684517835614.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @VladyOselsky 
For the same purpose, I am just using textboxes.

Ritaf1983_0-1684517835614.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hello @Ritaf1983 
Thanks for great work around. I eded up creating multiple text boxes with background color that I set to high transperancy rate and borders to create better group effect. Then I grouped all visuals together to avoid moving stuff out of place.

I'm a developer not a designer, therefore it will need someone elses graphical touchup before final publish for clients.

VladyOselsky_0-1684522300179.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.