Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dkao
Frequent Visitor

Creating a "Contains" Slicer for Multi-Value Column in report page

Hi all,

I'm seeking help with creating a slicer that filters my data based on a "Contains" functionality rather than an exact match. I have two tables: 'User' and 'UserGroup', which are related via a one-to-many relationship. The 'User' table has a column called 'User Group', which may contain multiple groups concatenated by ', ' (comma and space) in a single cell for each user. The 'UserGroup' table has a single column, also called 'User Group', containing unique user group names.

Here's a sample of my 'User' table:

UserID User Group

1A, C
2A, B, C
3A, D

And my 'UserGroup' table:

User Group

A
B
C
D

What I want to achieve is when I select a value in the slicer (created from the 'UserGroup' table), it should display rows in the 'User' table where the 'User Group' column contains the selected text. For example, if I select "C" in the slicer, the 'User' table should return rows with UserIDs 1 and 2.

I've tried several approaches, but I haven't successfully implemented the "Contains" functionality for my slicer. Can anyone guide how to achieve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Great explanation, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.