Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a new table from different sources

Hello,

I'm new to Power BI and not sure if this is the right place to ask, but let me try.

I have a couple of files with exactly the same tables (i.e. each table contains the same data - headers like vendor account, invoice amount, currency, invoice date, etc.). These are divided per regions (one file per one country). However, the data structure is the same.

What I'd like to do is to create one file with one table that will get information from all these files into one place. Please note that each "country file" can have many rows (i.e. Sweden can have 20 rows of data, but Germany can have 871 rows of data). I would like not to miss and not to overlap any row.

Is it possible to accomplish with Power BI? If yes, can you provide some instructions (direct or indirect - materials, youtube, tutorials, etc.)?

thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4
petrovnikitamai
Resolver V
Resolver V

Put your all files in one folder and use the get data from folder (standart function) in power query

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!

1. what in a case that I have three folders (instead of one)?

2. will it be automatically refreshed when someone loads new entry or do I have to refresh with any button?

a)Put your folders in one parent folder and get data from parent folder

b)Get data from folder 3 times and merge 3 tables in power query 

image.png
Next step combine and edit

image.png
For update data use Refresh desktop

Anonymous
Not applicable

lt looks like it will not work with the workbooks that are password protected... right?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.