Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a continuous date hierarchy with week number

I am trying to create a line plot with time on the x axis, and sales on the y axis. I want to the x axis unit of time to be year and week.

To do this acheive this I:

1. Created a date table
  2. Created a custom date hierachy that includes Year, and Week number (using WEEKNUM('date',1)).

The problem is that when I pull this hierachy into the the x-axis, it is categorical. When I try and switch to continous, I get an error. Is there any way this can be done?

3 REPLIES 3
wt-asw

Has a solution been found to this yet? I am also quite new to PowerBI and I'm trying a similar thing to the questioner and getting the same issue.

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @Anonymous ,

How did you create this date table? Does it contain continous date? In order to properly show dates as "continuous" data, you need to be using dates from a continuous date table.

Best Regards,

Teige

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. I created the date table using the auto calendar function, so there should be a continous range of dates in there.

Date Table = CALENDARAUTO()

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.