Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TalieH

Creating a Gauge with at Fixed Max Value

I am very new with BI and trying to create a guage to show the costs incurred from a single department compared to total company spending. Right now I only have one column to work with called 'ABSValue', and a slicer that shows each department.

I want the max value to equal the sum of the 'ABSValue' column, and when I select a single department on the slicer, I want the max value to stay the same (still showing the sum of the 'ABSValue' column) and the value to show the sum of every cost in that 'ABS Value' column incurred from that department. Right now, the slicer filters both the value & the max value through the 'ABS Value' column, so both these values are the same. I'm trying to get it to look something like this:

TalieH_0-1685109943532.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @TalieH ,
As i understand you want to have ABSValue for all department fixed for the max in the gauge regardless for what you select in the slicer .
For this i would suggest you to create a measure and add for the max.
For example : ALL ( Department) 
For your refernce :-
https://dax.guide/all/
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal

Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @TalieH ,
As i understand you want to have ABSValue for all department fixed for the max in the gauge regardless for what you select in the slicer .
For this i would suggest you to create a measure and add for the max.
For example : ALL ( Department) 
For your refernce :-
https://dax.guide/all/
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal

Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.