Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Grouped Average of RowCount with FILTER

Hi all,

I am trying to create a measure to show the Average number of Deals that Salespeople have made against the Number of Deals they have made. This measure will be used as the Target in a Gauge. The number deals is the count of rows with the code "206330005" which is "Deal Signed".  

The concept is they will be able to select their name from a slicer, as well as the region they work in and the time period they want to look at. They will then be able to track their performance vs the average performance in the region/time period.

However, I am struggling to create a DAX forumla to acheive this, I've tried the below formula and there's no error, but the the slicer for salesperson still effects the average. I have also created a measure to filter the below forumla by ALL sales people which still didn't work.

Average Grouped Completed Deals = 
VAR CompletedDeals = CALCULATE(
                            COUNTROWS(wt_enquiries),
                            wt_enquiries[wt_masterstatus]IN{"206330005"})

RETURN

AVERAGEX( 
        SUMMARIZE( systemusers, systemusers[yomifullname] , "RowCount", 
            CompletedDeals), [RowCount] )

Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

I'm not sure whether I have understood correctly.

Create a measure as below:

Measure = 
var _id=CALCULATE(MAX('systemusers'[userid]),FILTER(ALL(systemusers),'systemusers'[yomifullname]=SELECTEDVALUE(systemusers[yomifullname])))
var _count=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('wt_enquiries'),FILTER(ALL('wt_enquiries'),'wt_enquiries'[userid]=_id&&'wt_enquiries'[wt_masterstatus]="206330005"))
var _totalcount=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('wt_enquiries'),FILTER(ALL('wt_enquiries'),'wt_enquiries'[wt_masterstatus]="206330005"))
Return
DIVIDE(_count,_totalcount)

And you will see:

v-kelly-msft_0-1619517142265.png

For the related .pbix file,pls see attached.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

I'm not sure whether I have understood correctly.

Create a measure as below:

Measure = 
var _id=CALCULATE(MAX('systemusers'[userid]),FILTER(ALL(systemusers),'systemusers'[yomifullname]=SELECTEDVALUE(systemusers[yomifullname])))
var _count=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('wt_enquiries'),FILTER(ALL('wt_enquiries'),'wt_enquiries'[userid]=_id&&'wt_enquiries'[wt_masterstatus]="206330005"))
var _totalcount=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('wt_enquiries'),FILTER(ALL('wt_enquiries'),'wt_enquiries'[wt_masterstatus]="206330005"))
Return
DIVIDE(_count,_totalcount)

And you will see:

v-kelly-msft_0-1619517142265.png

For the related .pbix file,pls see attached.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kelly,

Attached is a sample of the data. I can't add the expected output because I can't get the formula to work. I am trying to get a target value that would be the average number of rows with the code "20663005" grouped by the user.

I'm aware the number in the above code is not the same as the one mentioned in the initial post, I have changed this but I am still getting the same result.

File can be found here: https://easyupload.io/dxkxoq

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you pls provide some sample data with expected output for test?

Remember to remove the confidential information.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.