Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Different Sort Order based on what level is Drilled Down On

I have a bar chart which shows the cases due in the next 7 days sorted by date.  

Capture.PNG

It has a drill down which then shows who those cases are allocated to 

Capture2.PNG

I want to sort this level by volume whereas it's sorted by name alpha at the moment.

How can I acheieve this?  I have data sorted by the volume measure in the table view like a similar post suggests

but it's made no difference.

Thanks for any help

Natalie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Natalie,

Please see in this screenshot. You can use the visual shown here for your purpose.

Use Line and Bar Visual & drag the fields as shown in the screenshotUse Line and Bar Visual & drag the fields as shown in the screenshot

You can sort by volumeYou can sort by volume

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to Ellipses section (...), Select the sort order by volume and you are done.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have the option to do that...

Capture.PNG

When I click on elipses it only has Export or Remove

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

Please see in this screenshot. You can use the visual shown here for your purpose.

Use Line and Bar Visual & drag the fields as shown in the screenshotUse Line and Bar Visual & drag the fields as shown in the screenshot

You can sort by volumeYou can sort by volume

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! XD

Hi,

Trying to sort the second level also resorting the first level.

is there a method to use diffrent Sort for each level

Level 1 : Sort By Date

Level 2: Sort by value 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted something similar and found the solution was to sort the column value in the dataset.  Pick the column, select modelling on the ribbon, then sort by , then select how you want to sort values.

Then back to the graph....the graph is sort by date and when I drilled into value, it showed the sort order for how I'd sorted the column at dataset level.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.