Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Create calendar table or filter table

Hello

I hope you are very good, I have this problem for a while and I do not know how to start, I have these 3 tables which I need to do some operations to give me some indicators, from the T9 table is where more data are taken and for me is the Facts table, I need to take the MC data from the T13 table and relate it to the T9 table, the data of the table T13 that I need is the one that is filtered by period and year, it will only bring me that data, of the T9 I have the filters of; company name, market, year and period.

the idea is something like in the following visualization image that I already have an idea of how to look, but the MC column of the T13 does not filter because it is from another table and I can not relate it because I do not have a unique identifier I was thinking with a calendar table that makes me an intermediary:

I have other questions:

If after relating it I can operate formulas in dax of t13 and t9 and the current filters would take them?

How can I convert the period that is in whole number to month and date format?

Can the array visual I'm using to see filters and filtered data place that data in rows and not columns?

Thanks in advance

Visual.jpgrelaciones.jpgt9 y t13.jpg

1 REPLY 1
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

If after relating it I can operate formulas in dax of t13 and t9 and the current filters would take them?

Yes, please create relationship between them and set the filter direction to both.

How can I convert the period that is in whole number to month and date format?

Whole number to month and date format please use dax DATE(<year>, <month>, <day>)

DATE function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn

Can the array visual I'm using to see filters and filtered data place that data in rows and not columns?

Not quite sure what you mean, just swap the row and column fields of it.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.