Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kadiri
Regular Visitor

Countries + Names

Dear community,

I'm getting images from URL in my table but i want to get like this in the Grid (flag+Name of Country):

Kadiri_0-1645626413190.png

This is where i am at so far:

Kadiri_1-1645626493506.png

Thank you in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

No, the problem is not a limitation of the visual but the way a tabular model handles data types on fields.  In order to get the image the data type must be web url.  If you try to combine it with a country name the field type becomes text and the image is not retrieved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hafsa_Lharrak

Hi i can't find my country "Morocco" in the dashborad countries list whenver i select africa as a region.

Can you please help ?

@Hafsa_Lharrak 

Perhaps there is no data for Morocco in the measure that is being displayed so the row does not show up.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

No, the problem is not a limitation of the visual but the way a tabular model handles data types on fields.  In order to get the image the data type must be web url.  If you try to combine it with a country name the field type becomes text and the image is not retrieved.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Kadiri 

According to the answer on this post it is not possible to combine an image and text into a single field because of the different data types.  You will have to put the country name in a different field right next to the flag.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Matrix-with-Image-and-Text/td-p/1680338

Thank you. is there a vizual that can help achieve the desired output, apart from that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.