Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BartvDonkelaar
Frequent Visitor

Count rows in table graphic

Hi,

In my dashboard I have some tables with filters applied to them. What I want to do is count the number of rows in those tables, and represent those values as a variable. How do I do this?

Example:

What the table shows is ID's where the count has value 10 or higher, this is done by applying filters to the table. In the example below I want the variable to be '2', as there are two rows where an ID has count 10 or higher. This variable is functioning as a trigger, so I need it implemented in a Card/Gauge/KPI graphic.

IDCount

How do I extract the number of rows, from a table graphic with filters applied to it?

Kind regards,

Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I continued my question in a new forum where I found a solution in creating new DAX tables:

Solved: Measure combining filter and group by (or similar ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BartvDonkelaar
Frequent Visitor

Am I right to conclude that it is not possible to extract the information from a filtered table visual?

I am now struggling with measures to combine filters with 'group by' or 'summarize(columns)', getting closer to the same results the visual table has. I will post the final solution here FYI.

I continued my question in a new forum where I found a solution in creating new DAX tables:

Solved: Measure combining filter and group by (or similar ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @BartvDonkelaar,

You can use:

Count = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[ID]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Count]>=10))

Works for you? Mark this post as a solution if it does!
Consider taking a look at my blog: Forecast Period - Previous Forecasts

Hi @Shaurya ,

Thank you for your reply!

I am familiar with the COUNT function. What I do not understand however is what table to reference ('Table' in your example). The table shown in my question is not defined in my data model, and only exists on my dashboard as a visual. This visual has filters applied to it, and results in the example table I showed in my question. From that table visual I would like to count the rows.

So basically my question is; can you refer to a table visual on your dashboard, and if so, how?

Kind regards,

Bart

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.