Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Coudn't load the data for this visual

Hi everyone!

Coud you help me, please? I have a Google BigQuery table that is 400 gb. I connect to it in direct query mode in Power BI. But not all visual elements are displayed. For example, this error appears:

mrai_0-1645185420065.png

I can't reduce the query because it contains all the sales from last year and the beginning of this year. All this information is needed to create a report in Power BI.

2 REPLIES 2
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

This shows your query length is more than 1024K. 

One option is to reduce the size of the query by removing comments if any, as you said you can't change the query.

Think of using a CTE instead of a subquery whereby you can reduce the repetitive code.

A Simpler solution would be to create a view using this query in the source and try calling that view into Power BI just like you call tables in a select statement. Not sure if Google BugQuery allows for creation of views in it.

Hope this helps!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Thejeswar 

I have created a view. It is updated on a schedule once a day and the result of the query is stored in a permanent table in BigQuery, to which Power BI connects.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.