Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ivashamagnus
Frequent Visitor

Correct recording of time periods. Empty cells.

Hello dear Power Bi masters!

I collect data from the beginning of my sleep and the end of my sleep to display it on a graph.

I guess I'm recording this data incorrectly.

Question: how should I correctly record data in my case?

I will visualize it in Deneb in Power Bi desktop on the advice of Super User lbendlin.

My goal is to get a visualization of my sleep segments on a graph. I will show an example of visualization in the picture.

note: I heard that you can't use tables with empty cells in power bi. This is true? The fact is that one day sometimes has 2 or 3 sleep areas, which means 2 or 3 rows in a table with one day. In this case, some data in the columns should have no values to avoid doubling or tripling the values on the same day in the graph. How can I enter data correctly for deneb power bi?

123123.jpg545345345.jpg

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

My goal is to get a visualization of my sleep segments on a graph
The fact is that one day sometimes has 2 or 3 sleep areas, which means 2 or 3 rows in a table with one day. In this case, some data in the columns should have no values to avoid doubling or tripling the values on the same day in the graph

It is up to you to decide how you want this chart to look like. It's not really a problem to plot multiple sleep periods for a day.  You'll have to decide what to do with overnight sleep - most likely cut it into two parts at midnight as they occur on different days.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.