Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PCorbitt
Frequent Visitor

Copy to Clipboard

Hello, Team. Looking forward to hearing your ideas on this problem.

I've developed an employee database for online and mobile use from a single dataset in Desktop. One of the report pages returns the employee contact info including their phone number. Since there doesn't seem to be a way (yet) for Power BI to initiate a call itself, I'm trying to develop a measure/button to simply capture that value from the report to the clipboard, so the user can click that button to copy the value and just paste it into their mobile phone (no right clicking required). I'm pretty sure I can capture the content using DAX's SelectedValue function, but I'm new to programming and not quite sure what to do with it next. I considered Power Automate or Power Apps instead, but that seems clunky and I'm worried that users would need to download another program, plus...a whole other system I'd have to learn. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @PCorbitt 

According to your description, you want the end user to get the corresponding text value by clicking the mouse.
According to my search and testing, currently we can only copy text in Power BI by right-clicking the mouse and clicking "Copy value" in table or Matrix visual.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1686548588730.png

And as searched , if you want to  click a button to copy the value and you do not want to  right clicking.I only found the corresponding method in Power Apps:
Power Apps Copy Text To Clipboard - YouTube

In addition, you can also try to use code to embed power BI report. Then you can try to use the front-end code to achieve the custom functionality you want.

For more information, you can refer to :
Power BI embedded analytics overview - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @PCorbitt 

According to your description, you want the end user to get the corresponding text value by clicking the mouse.
According to my search and testing, currently we can only copy text in Power BI by right-clicking the mouse and clicking "Copy value" in table or Matrix visual.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1686548588730.png

And as searched , if you want to  click a button to copy the value and you do not want to  right clicking.I only found the corresponding method in Power Apps:
Power Apps Copy Text To Clipboard - YouTube

In addition, you can also try to use code to embed power BI report. Then you can try to use the front-end code to achieve the custom functionality you want.

For more information, you can refer to :
Power BI embedded analytics overview - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.