Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jaschro
Frequent Visitor

Copy Report Page to Clipboard

This is a product request for a button, somewhere in the UI, that will copy the contents of a report page as an image (jpg would be good) to the clipboard.  Simple stuff. 

Currently, I'm use the "Snipping Tool" in Windows 10 to copy from PowerBI and paste into presentations or emails, but I do this so often that I wish this functionality were just built in, either with a button or a keyboard shortcut. 

(I'm posting this in Desktop but it could also apply in Service)

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jaschro,

Here is a similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Yes, it's the same basic issue. 

The problem with using the Snipping tool is that I usually have to do it two or three times because as the mouse passes over an object, its frame shows up and becomes visible, and then that is in the snipped image.  So using the Snipping tool is possible, but it requires a careful and steady hand.  It would be much simpler if there were a button and/or a keyboard sequence to copy the report. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.