Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mehulvt
Advocate I
Advocate I

Copy Data from cell in table

Hi,

Is it possible to copy the value from cell of table or matrix visualization in Power BI.

I am aware of Export functionality, but I am looking to copy only specific cell value(Cntrl+C) and paste it in notepad as an example.

Thanks & Regards,

Mehul Thakkar

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

To follow up on this for the group: I now have this option in PowerBI Desktop 2.63.3272.40461 64-bit (October 2018)! 

Very happy to see this! Not sure when it was introduced; may have been this most recent release.

Hi, could you please take a screenshot about this functionality? When I right click I still only see Copy (basically means copy the whole column) and Copy Table. I don't see anywhere I can copy a value.

It sounds you like you are looking under the data tab. In the report view if you have created a table visual or matrix visual then you will have the option to Copy value, Copy selection or Copy visual. Also make sure you have the latest version of desktop.

Thanks

Rose

roselilly23
Advocate V
Advocate V

I stumbled across this, this morning. It looks like they may have just released the ability to copy the cell or the selected value.

Copy in Power BI.png

Edit: This is in the web service only and not desktop. 

I'm not able to see what shown. Did you try on Power BI desktop or web services?

This is in the web service, not desktop.

tpolzinku
Regular Visitor

Our end users want this ability on a daily basis. The competition does this. Power BI needs to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V9cLPXPemg. this may be another way of work around.

NH
Advocate II
Advocate II

I'm looking for this feature. Like in excel, u can copy the cell content and paste to notepad or other excel.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot do that.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

How to request this "feature" to be part of future release?

Anonymous
Not applicable

When will this be fixed. I consider it a bug. You can copy and paste cells in Excel. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.