Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Constrain Date Slicer to Specific Start Date

I have a dataset in which I am using a Date Slicer which I think is a great user feature.

My dataset has more history than I would care to make available and I want to "limit" the slicer to between 1/1/2017 and all future dates.  The column is "Start Date".

I don't seem to be able to constrain the date slicer to a minimum/earliest date.  

When I use the filter capability, it does not seem to have an impact on the slicer limiting the date range options to between a Start Date of 1/1/2017 and forward.

Any solutions out there?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @irnm8dn,

Have you tried a visual or page level filter on the "Start Date"? See below (I have Hire Date in my dataset):

cap1.PNG

Hope this helps,

Alan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @irnm8dn,

Do you want to have the rest of the information available for other reports or do you want to filter the information in Pbix file all together?

If it's on the report the option provided by @alanhodgson is the best however if it's for the full dataset probably you can set a parameter in the query editor and used it to filter the data in the column you want. After that if you need to have your data set refresh in a different date you can edit your parameter direcly in the report, check the printscreen below.

Filter_data.png

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @irnm8dn,

Have you tried a visual or page level filter on the "Start Date"? See below (I have Hire Date in my dataset):

cap1.PNG

Hope this helps,

Alan

Thanks Alan.  Just what the doctor ordered!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.