Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cshowe80
Helper I
Helper I

Consolidating Reports into Tabs vs Pining to Dashboard

I've got a question for the PBI gurus out there. I've been building a number of reports over the course of the summer and when doing so each was done as a separate report and data set. Afterwards I had grouped various items from the reports into a "dashboard" for quick review and the typical click to dig deeper into the various reports from there. 

Now it's come to my attention that doing so makes a huge web naivgation issue for my report viewers. They want to compare some elements from one to another and to do this I was leaning towards having multiple tabs in a single report vs multiple reports in the dashboard. With that being said I also don't want to have to rebuild all these reports from the ground up if it can be avoided. 

Are there any known ways to consolidate multiple reports into a single report with multiple tabs without having to redo them? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cshowe80 Unfortunately at this stage, there is on way that you can combine multiple pbix files into one pbix file. You can duplicate tabs but that is within single pbix file (which is not going to help you). For future I would suggest you leverage power bi desktop template feature which means you have single template file for your multiple pbix files. Also there are number of ideas posted in power bi ideas site regarding consolidating pbix file and you should vote / keep an eye on them.

View solution in original post

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cshowe80,

As far as I know, it's not possible to consolidate many reports to one report currently. And there is a similar idea item which you can vote and comment on: Move/Copy multiple pages from different reports into one report.

In your scenario, to work around the issue, you can pin report live pages from different reports to the same dashboard, then you can compare elements in the dashboard. See: Pin an entire report page, as a live tile, to a Power BI dashboard.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cshowe80,

As far as I know, it's not possible to consolidate many reports to one report currently. And there is a similar idea item which you can vote and comment on: Move/Copy multiple pages from different reports into one report.

In your scenario, to work around the issue, you can pin report live pages from different reports to the same dashboard, then you can compare elements in the dashboard. See: Pin an entire report page, as a live tile, to a Power BI dashboard.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for all the valuable feedback. I'm still new to the PowerBi community and I'm grateful for all the help many of you gurus have shared. 

Hi @cshowe80,

You can start learning Power BI from this site: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/. If you have any issue, you can post threads in Power BI forums.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cshowe80 Unfortunately at this stage, there is on way that you can combine multiple pbix files into one pbix file. You can duplicate tabs but that is within single pbix file (which is not going to help you). For future I would suggest you leverage power bi desktop template feature which means you have single template file for your multiple pbix files. Also there are number of ideas posted in power bi ideas site regarding consolidating pbix file and you should vote / keep an eye on them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.