Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skedis
Helper I
Helper I

Consolidate these two visuals into one - two matrix visuals with same row grouping

Hello everyone,

I've tried looking for a solution to this, but am having a bit of trouble. I have 3 columns -

Date

Severity Type (sev 1, sev2, sev3, sev4)

Result of Change (true, false)

I want to be able to group by month and summarize counts for Severity 1 Severity 2, then have a total column for those two severities, and counts for those severities if they were due to result of change.

I am able to get the metrics I want in separate matrix visuals, but I really want these two visuals consolidated into one. The Total column and the true (result of change) column as additional columns in the same table instead of my example of two separate matrix visuals.

Just looking for guidance! Thank you in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Short of either creating a custom matrix or creating your own custom visual this is not possible.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Creating-a-custom-or-hybrid-matrix-in-PowerBI/ba-p/1...

I was actually able to accomplish this by creating a custom table based off of my main table. Thank you for the resource, my solution is similar to what's in the article/post but much simpler since my use case was more simple.

Thank you again for your response!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.