Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dgr
Frequent Visitor

Connectors in Power Apps

Hi team!

I am currently working on power Apps in order to create a new column that takes as input a free text from the user.

I made a research and found that on power apps there is a connector called "power_devices". This type of connector uses as datasource the one that I use on powerBI report. BUT in my case i cannot see this. Specifically, i use as a datasource the Azure Databricks (in direct query mode) for powerBI visuals and PowerBI Desktop

Does anyone know which types of datasources the "power_devices" is supported? 

Thank you in advance 

4 REPLIES 4
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dgr ,

The "power_devices" is just the name of Common Data Service. It is not a type of connector.

vjianbolimsft_0-1662363821339.png

Just pick the datasource that you need.

For more details, please refer to:

What is Common Data Service (CDS) and why it is important for you if you use Power Apps or Power BI?...

PowerApps and Common Data Service for Apps - Create Environment - Carl de Souza

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jianboli-msft,

Thank you for the material. It was very helpful. 

One more question regarding Common Data Service: The Power Apps portal looks likes below:

dgr_0-1662400594505.png

BUT the view should be "Data" --> "Entities" rather than "Dataverse" --> "Tables". Do you know if this different view relates with the premium licence that is required in order to get access in CDS?

Thank you very much

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dgr ,

What is the connector called "power_devices"? I can't find it in the list of all Power Apps connectors. Please give more details about your problem.

If you want to connet to Power BI, you can use the Power BI connectors. For more details, please refer to:

Power BI - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

Besides, here is the list of all Power Apps Connectors, hope it would help you:

List of all Power Apps connectors | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I cannot find "power_devices" connector either. For that reason I am wondering which types of datasources support this connector in power Apps. 

Also, this question comes from this video. He uses Dataverse and then in power Apps select "power_devices" (18:11 minute).

But, in my case (I use Azure Databricks) I have not this option. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.