Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

houket_tang
Frequent Visitor

Connector for Contents Manager (Records Manager/ TRIM)

Hi there!

Is anyone familiar with a way to connect to an Excel Document/ a folder that is stored in Contents Manager (used to be called Records Manager/ TRIM)?

Our company's official document storage repository is Contents Manager. With reporting becoming more reliant on Power BI these days, it will be good to be able to "plug into" these sources directly, rather than relying on static copies of the files. 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Tang

4 REPLIES 4
houket_tang
Frequent Visitor

Hi Eason,

Thank you for your prompt response. I saw that thread and I believe it only covers saved searches in CM. I was hoping to be able to connect directly to the file (e.g. an Excel file saved in CM).

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Tang

Hi, @houket_tang 

If you are an admin of your Power BI tenant, you can open a support ticket with the MS support team to seek technical support, they may have better suggestions,

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi Eason,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I am not an admin of my Power BI tenant. That's all good, I shall pursue other avenues.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Tang

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @houket_tang 

You need to download this  Power BI Connector  which simplifies the process of connecting to Contents Manager from Power BI, allowing you to use and Saved Search as a Power BI datasource.

To use this connector:

• make sure Power BI Desktop is installed
  • copy the file TRIMConnector.pqx to Documents\Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors
  • install the thumbprint for the connector certificate in your registry (186130535E0FF7C0B05AD66EF2167E004FBB2C45),
  • open Power BI and find the connector in 'Get Data\Other'

Please refer to below tutorials.

http://hprm.info/Power-BI/ 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.