Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PSampras
Frequent Visitor

Connect to Google Analytics data

Hi everyone,

i have a problem trying to import Google Analytics data in Power BI Desktop.

When I connect with admin Google credentials in Power BI, the base appears, but this error appears, for each Google Analytics view

PSampras_0-1683624284288.png

I followed the "official" guide: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/it-it/blog/power-bi-google-analytics-power-analytics/ and read the various community topic.
But i can't figure out.

Please tell me if you need additional information (PBI Desktop version, GA version, etc.)

Thanks for the help!!

Giuseppe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PSampras
Frequent Visitor

Solved.

I have to select a measure (es. Pageviews) and at least one metric (es. Page Title)

PSampras_2-1683898193398.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
QueryWhiz
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @PSamprasIn case you have any issue; as a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party tool. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics (which doesn't have PBI as a destination, so you first have to export to Google Sheets and then export to PBI) and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. 

PSampras
Frequent Visitor

Solved.

I have to select a measure (es. Pageviews) and at least one metric (es. Page Title)

PSampras_2-1683898193398.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.