Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DudeAbides

Conditional formatting within concatenated text in a matrix visual

I have displayed a calendar-style matrix showing morning and afternoon work shifts for each week in the Winter 2024 quarter. The matrix cell values are a measure concatenating the appropriate rows of a column containing the first four characters of the employee's name and their shift start time.

I need to display cancelled shifts along with scheduled shifts and clearly distinguish between the two shift statuses. However, I cannot find a way to have different formatting displayed for distinct elements of a concatenated measure. HTML tags used in my DAX measure do not render in the matrix, and I cannot find a way to embed a formatting function within the concatenatex function.

If anyone can propose a creative solution for formatting cancelled shifts in a way that distinguishes them from scheduled shifts, I would be grateful. The matrix visual is displayed below; it is currently a mix of scheduled and cancelled shifts, with no way of distinguishing the two statuses:

Matrix visual showing half-day work shiftsMatrix visual showing half-day work shifts

2 REPLIES 2
DudeAbides

I'm new to this - how do I attach a file?

mh2587
Super User
Super User

Could you please upload dummy file for this scenario to try on it.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.