Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dunner2020
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Conditional formatting on the row of the table value

Hi there,

I got a table visual which contains 7 columns in it as shown in the figure:

leo_89_0-1637117333387.png

I want to conditional formatting at the row level of the table in such a way that if older than 18 months and older than 15 months have 1 value then the background colour of the whole row should be red, if older than 15 months has 1 but older than 18 months has 0 then it should be blue otherwise it should be lightgreen. Based on the requirement, I wrote the following measure:

CF - 15 month = 

SWITCH(TRUE(),
MAX('CMS | SF PR'[Older than 18 months]) =1 && MAX('CMS | SF PR'[Older than 15 months]) =1,"Red" ,
MAX('CMS | SF PR'[Older than 18 months]) =0 && MAX('CMS | SF PR'[Older than 15 months]) =1,"blue", "lightgreen")

I want to apply the color formatting on the font level of all the columns in a row of the table. So I clicked on the formatting option of the table, click the conditional formatting, enable font color and click on the advance control and select measure as shown in the figure

leo_89_1-1637117910115.png

When I clicked ok, it only changes the font color of the Derived case no column as shown in the figure

leo_89_2-1637117964949.png

Is there anyway I could apply the measure at the row level instead of column level?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dunner2020 ,

Currently, it is not supported to apply conditional formatting for whole rows in table/matrix visuals in Power BI.

Here is a similar idea: Microsoft Idea  · Conditional Formatting - Whole Table Rows (powerbi.com).

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dunner2020 ,

Currently, it is not supported to apply conditional formatting for whole rows in table/matrix visuals in Power BI.

Here is a similar idea: Microsoft Idea  · Conditional Formatting - Whole Table Rows (powerbi.com).

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Dunner2020 , No. Apply on same on all the columns

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.