Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional formatting on a specific line in the line chart which has three lines (

Hi Everyone,
I am new to PowerBI. I need some help here and would be grateful for your ideas and suggestions.

I have a line chart which has three lines  ( i.e Stock1, stock2 and stock3 ) which are basically columns 
I want to apply conditional formatting to stock1 line only. So when stock1 line value hits 0 , that part of line should turn red in colour or any kind of indicator or hightlight the part. I have attached an image for reference . Please provide your ideas

Tornado123_0-1673946981418.png

The highlighted part of the line should turn red or any indicators to highlight it. So whenever the value is zero while filtering it , it should turn red in that part.
@Pragati11 
@Barthel @bolfri 

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous ,

I recently delivered a session at a user group where I used a similar scenario for conditional formatting. The link to the recording can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lqIz_s1bJI

The first usecase in the recording is the one which can help you with your scenario.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Is it possible using dax ? or any third part visual ?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Conditional formatting is not supported on the line visual. The workaround is to do it on the bar and convert it to a line to get a colored marker. But conditional formatting is not supported for multiple measures/values or legend in the visual

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.