Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Format on a Row (Table)

Morning

Greetings from Scotland

I have a measure which is True for a when a Task status being in the status Complete

I use the measure as a conditional format in a table to turn it (the row/cell elements) green as the task is complete, I basically want to show all fields as green See Fig 1

The last entry – the task is not complete and so its stays as it is.

My issue is that I had to set this measure on each cell element individually.

If I had 20x columns; that’s 20x columns  where I had to cerate the conditional format

Is there no way to say for a row that if the value is complete, then all cell elements are complete?

i.e the who;e row turns green? 

If you look at Fig 2 – just for discussion; for each column (5x columns) I had  to go in and set the Conditional Format 5X Times.

If I have 20x columns – that is a pain.

Am I making sense?

Fig 1

jimmyg706_0-1710413448804.png

Fig 2 Excel Mock-up

jimmyg706_1-1710413483647.png

Comments welcome

Jimmy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Unfortunately that power bi doesn't support this feature currently, conditional Formatting works for Fields/Columns and not for Rows/Records. So you will have to apply conditional formatting for each Field/Column separately.

Now a days, many Power BI users have voted for an idea that Conditional Formatting should be made available to highlight entire row in the Table/Matrix Visual, but it is yet to implemented.

Maybe you can vote for it in this link:

Microsoft Idea

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-zhengdxu-msft 

Thanks for the reply. Indeed it seems crazy that thos does not exist.

v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Unfortunately that power bi doesn't support this feature currently, conditional Formatting works for Fields/Columns and not for Rows/Records. So you will have to apply conditional formatting for each Field/Column separately.

Now a days, many Power BI users have voted for an idea that Conditional Formatting should be made available to highlight entire row in the Table/Matrix Visual, but it is yet to implemented.

Maybe you can vote for it in this link:

Microsoft Idea

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept PBI Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors