Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Comparison same table diff Country

Hi Team,

I have two slicer with table and same data, i need to compare different country value variance in new table/chart.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous ,

This could't be achieved in the same table, you need to copy the original table. Then you get tableA and tableB, tableA is same with tableB, build slicer and tables visual on tableA and tableB seperately. 

Create four measures, drag emp_date and the four measures in another table visual.

Score_1_meausre =
MAX ( tableA[Score_1] ) - MAX ( tableB[Score_1] )

Score_2_meausre =
MAX ( tableA[Score_2] ) - MAX ( tableB[Score_2] )

Score_3_meausre =
MAX ( tableA[Score_3] ) - MAX ( tableB[Score_3] )

Score_4_meausre =
MAX ( tableA[Score_4] ) - MAX ( tableB[Score_4] )

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Could you please share some sample data and give more details about your requirement?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi frds,

I have attached screenshot ,

same data source but two different table for country wise seeing score and then create one more chart/table for comparison .

please advise me.

@v-yuta-msft 

@amitchandak 

Screen.PNG

@Anonymous ,

Click the left slicer visual, then click "Format"-> "Edit interaction", you will see the "disable" icon in other visuals, click the "disable" icon in the right slicer and right table visual. Then click on the right slicer visual, click the "disable" icon in the left slicer and left table visual.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

i'm expecting below variance visual value,

Country UK vs USA (both are same source file)

@v-yuta-msft 

Screen.PNG

@Anonymous ,

This could't be achieved in the same table, you need to copy the original table. Then you get tableA and tableB, tableA is same with tableB, build slicer and tables visual on tableA and tableB seperately. 

Create four measures, drag emp_date and the four measures in another table visual.

Score_1_meausre =
MAX ( tableA[Score_1] ) - MAX ( tableB[Score_1] )

Score_2_meausre =
MAX ( tableA[Score_2] ) - MAX ( tableB[Score_2] )

Score_3_meausre =
MAX ( tableA[Score_3] ) - MAX ( tableB[Score_3] )

Score_4_meausre =
MAX ( tableA[Score_4] ) - MAX ( tableB[Score_4] )

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Two way.

If the slicer is on the same column, You need to take two selected countries and do it.

Another way

Create two dimensions on the country and use them as two slicers and find the variance

An example of that on Date: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.