Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pete230
Helper II
Helper II

Compare Date Column with current date

Hi guys,

I'm struggeling with the following: I would like to compare a date colum (last day of month) with the current month, if the current month is less or equal as the date colum then the numbers of the next column should be displayed, otherwise there should be a 0.

So I would like to see all the numbers until mai and for the following months just a 0.

Pete230_0-1685004618881.png

I guess it's not to hard, but I can not figure it out right now, any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you and regards

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JavidM

Alternatively, you can use the following M code without converting the Date column into datetime format:

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each if [Date] > DateTime.Date(Date.EndOfMonth(DateTime.LocalNow())) then 0 else [Amount])

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JavidM

Alternatively, you can use the following M code without converting the Date column into datetime format:

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each if [Date] > DateTime.Date(Date.EndOfMonth(DateTime.LocalNow())) then 0 else [Amount])

Hope this helps!

Works perfectly fine, thanks a lot!

Cheers
Pete

JavidM

You can use the following M code:

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "Custom", each if [Date] > Date.EndOfMonth(DateTime.LocalNow()) then 0 else [Amount])

Bear in mind that you have to convert the date column to datetime format before applying the function.

Pete230
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for your answer. I would like to create the same in M (Power Querry) not in DAX, I wasnt pricise on that. Do you know that as well?

Thank you!

JavidM

Hi there,

If I understood your question correctly, you want to show the amounts up until the current month (May 2023) leaving zeros for all consecutive months. So, when we are in June 2023, the data will appear for the respective month only leaving July and future months as 0.

You can try using the following DAX function:

New Column =
IF('Table'[Date].[Date] > EOMONTH(TODAY(), 0), 0, 'Table'[Amount])

Let me know if it worked! Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.