Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

noircrk
Frequent Visitor

Compare Daily Total with Day of Week Average

Hello All, I'm struggling with showing a daily total next to a day of the week average.  I've seen similiar posts regarding totals vs averages but I either don't understand the solution or am unable to adapt it to my situation.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Assuming a date range of 03/29/2023 - 04/06/2023.  I can get the average by day of week "True Assign by Day" and the daily total "True Assign", as shown in the first table.  However, in the second table I want to show the "True Assign by Day" average from the first table to the daily "True Assign" in the second table.  But when I add the measure to the second table is mirrors the "True Assign" value.

Ultimately I need to compare the daily total against the average of that day of week for the date range selected.  The Business case is thus, Is today's (4/6/2023) volume of 502 higher or lower than the average Thursdays of 497 in the range selected?

noircrk_0-1681215634465.png

Formulas:

True Assign = COUNTROWS( 'Assign Data' )
True Assign by Day = AVERAGEX(DISTINCT('DtKey'[DtKey]),CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Assign Data')))

Thank you for you time and consideration!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@noircrk , have week year column in your date table, have measures like

True Assign by Day = calculate(AVERAGEX(Value('DtKey'[DtKey]),CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Assign Data'))), allselected())

True Assign by Week = calculate(AVERAGEX(Value('DtKey'[Week Year]),CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Assign Data'))), allselected())

Thank you, @amitchandak .

What is the [Week Year] output or the dax to create it.  I currently have a [Week Number]=

VALUE( YEAR( 'DtKey'[Week End] ) & FORMAT( WEEKNUM( 'DtKey'[Week End] ), "00" ) )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.