Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mboucher_rcr
Frequent Visitor

Combo Chart Disable Secondary Y Axis

Hi,

I have a line/bar combo chart and I want to disable the secondary Y axis so both the bars and lines run off the same Y axis.

According to MS article https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-combo-chart?tabs=powerbi-d... there is an on/off toggle switch against Secondary y-axis, however I am not seeing this option.

mboucher_rcr_0-1705639676994.png

Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mboucher_rcr 

I would like to apologize for the belated reply.

Have you solved your problem? If not, try the following steps:

The following screenshot is without closing the Values of Secondary Y Axis.

vxuxinyimsft_0-1706602168436.png

You can turn off the button as shown so that the Column y-axis and the Line y-axis share a common y-axis.

vxuxinyimsft_1-1706602349323.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _Yuliax

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mboucher_rcr 

I would like to apologize for the belated reply.

Have you solved your problem? If not, try the following steps:

The following screenshot is without closing the Values of Secondary Y Axis.

vxuxinyimsft_0-1706602168436.png

You can turn off the button as shown so that the Column y-axis and the Line y-axis share a common y-axis.

vxuxinyimsft_1-1706602349323.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _Yuliax

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It appears that this solution does not always work (I'm on the february 2024 release).

I made sure that both minimum and maximum of Y-axis and secondary Y-axis are on "Auto", "Align Zero's" is on, values of the secondary Y-axis is turned off, but I still get different scales for line and bars.

A workaround could be to calculate the maximum of both set of bars and the line, and add that to the maximum of the range, but that is a lot of work, and needs to be done for every combination of measures used. In the past it was sufficient to uncheck the "show secondary axis" check box to get the wanted result.

Please bring this option back.

pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @mboucher_rcr ,
Secondary y-axis toggle button can be set to On to display options for formatting the line chart portion of the combo chart not to disable the secondary chart . 
If you dont need the secondary axis just remove it from the secondary axis. 
As you the secondary y axis is not visible , you can update th version of your power bi desktop.
Thanks,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi,

There doesn't seem to be any update available to my version: 2.124.1554.0 64-bit (December 2023)

There is no toggle button visible. I don't need the second axis, but I do need the lines showing, I just want the columns and lines to share the same Y axis.

mboucher_rcr_0-1705870418453.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.