Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

petermb72
Helper III
Helper III

Combining data from Excel each day

I get an excel sheet sent to me each day.   I have to manipulate it down to a basic one line table:

DateUnitsHours Spent
08/16/20229745.6

The excel sheet that comes to me the next day, I need to manipulate it down to units and hours spent and add the date column.  I don't want to replace the data in the sheet that I did this to yesterday, instead I want to have it build a table that looks Like this:

DateUnitsHours Spent
08/16/20229745.6
08/17/20229641
08/18/20229956

How do I get the excel sheets that come in daily to combine in BI to a new table?  Any help would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

powerautomate.microsoft.com helps you to save attachments from incomming emails to sharepoint. combine saved excel files can be done in power bi. 

Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library | Microsoft Power Automate

Combining Excel Files hosted on a SharePoint folder with Power BI | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Micros...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hokeson
Employee
Employee

Hi, what about to use power automate? Save the excel file each time to sharepoint folder. in powerbi get data from sharepoint folder and transform data from excel sheets. 

So you are saying use power automate to combine the excel sheets?  I have never used that tool.  If that is what would work, let me know.

powerautomate.microsoft.com helps you to save attachments from incomming emails to sharepoint. combine saved excel files can be done in power bi. 

Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library | Microsoft Power Automate

Combining Excel Files hosted on a SharePoint folder with Power BI | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Micros...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.