Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

raman_vee
Regular Visitor

Combining Multiple Measures into 1 Line Chart

Hi,

I have some measures that I made to read data from a SharePoint List and I want to compare them to metadata that I have from a SharePoint Document Library. Basically, I want to do some file tracking based on a plan.

I am almost there but struggling at the finish line.

I want to have a stacked bar chart showing the actual documents and a target line which is the planned list of documents expected. I have created some measures to get the data points that I need for the line chart, but it looks like below. I drew in Green what I want this to look like. The 3 and 2 value are being driven by 2 quick measures that I made to filter the plan data from my sharepoint list.

So my SharePoint List would expect 2 documents, but I have 8 documents there (above target) gives a sense that we are storing the key auditable documents that we need to vs. going to check all the folders and constantly bug the team.

Any help would be appreciated !Screenshot 2022-11-11 150906.png

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@raman_vee Perhaps just use a Stacked column visual and add your lines as Constant lines using the Analytics pane. You can tie the constant lines to a measure.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I tried that but does not get me where I need to be. Also I want these the automatically update as the data changes.

Ideally, these measures would populate into a column on a table somewhere and then I could add that as the line information on the combination chart. Also not sure if that's the best way either.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.