Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

carldesouza
Regular Visitor

Columns from query not appearing in report

Hi Community,

In Power BI Desktop, I have data sources pulling from Microsoft CRM through OData. At first, I was able to connect to the data and create reports without a problem. However, now I have a strange issue. 

In the Reports view in the Designer, fields in a dataset are not showing all the fields that appear in the Designer Query view. Looking into this further, I found that if a field/column appears towards the end (right) of the dataset in the Power BI query, then it will not appear in the Power BI report.

I did a test and tried taking one of the fields which is showing fine on the report, and dragging it towards the end of the dataset in the query, and then also taking one of the fields not appearing on the report and dragging it earlier in the columns in the dataset, and applying. What happens, is the report now shows the new earlier field, and the original field that was being displayed disappears. If I reorder the columns again the earlier columns appear.

I also tried copying the query to a new Power BI project, and recreated everything. It was working, until at one point again, on loading the latest data, the last columns disappeared.

Note all fields were originally showing fine on the report - It just stopped working. The dataset is maybe 50MBs. I have about 30 columns in this dataset, and the report has about 10 other datasets that seem to not have this issue.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Bjørn

Hello,

We are experiencing the same issue, do we know the reason for why this occur?

Thanks

greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Make sure you submit this as a bug report, as well. You can do so in PBI Desktop by using the 'Send a frown' option in the File menu, and using the feedback menu in PBI Service.

The forums are a great avenue for discussing issues, sharing thoughts / ideas, and troubleshooting, but they are not the official medium to submit bug reports.

Proper bug reports will receive more attention from the devs than forum posts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.