Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ITManuel
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Column names when importing from SSAS

Hi,

i know it is not best practice, but the company I work for has decided to use SSAS to provide raw data ( raw tables from an ERP system ) , without further data transformation and or data modelling in SSAS, to Power BI. Considering this I have to import the data from SSAS in order to run the required transformations and data modellin in Power BI. 

When connecting to SSAS the column names appear without the table name as a prefix, however when i import the selected columns, any column has the table name as a prefix. I've seen already a few older posts regarding this behaivour but haven't found a solution. 

SSAS.png

Is there a way to import the columns as they are in the data source i.e. without the table name as a prefix?

Br

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ITManuel ,

When you import data from SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) into Power BI, the default behavior is to prefix the column names with the table name to ensure uniqueness, especially when dealing with multiple tables that might have columns with the same name.
In order for you to solve the problem faster, you can refer to the following documentation.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Albert He

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ITManuel ,

When you import data from SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) into Power BI, the default behavior is to prefix the column names with the table name to ensure uniqueness, especially when dealing with multiple tables that might have columns with the same name.
In order for you to solve the problem faster, you can refer to the following documentation.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Albert He

lukiz84
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

SSAS to provide RAW data? what?

How are the data loaded to SSAS?

ITManuel
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

The data source of SSAS is an MS SQL server. I have been told that the main reason for the SSAS in between is that security rules can be managed more easily for individual users / user groups down to column filters. 

Br

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.