Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

prabhatnath
Advocate III
Advocate III

Column chart to include data of what user has selected along with preview 2 options in the slicer

Hi Experts,

Is there a way I can have my column chart include the previous 2 Sprint data in the visual along with what the user has selected?

For example: if the slicer shows Sprint details (Sprint 12, Sprint 13, Sprint 14, Sprint 15... etc ) and the user selected Sprint 14 then the column chart shows details of the selected Sprint 14 by default (Ex: X-axis = Sprint Name, Y-Axis = Estimate). How can I have the column chart shows what the user selected along with the previous 2 (Ex: the chart should show data for 14, 13, and 12)  available options?

Thanks,

Prabhat

4 REPLIES 4
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @prabhatnath ,

What you could do is that, add a slicers of sprint name and he could add whatever he wants to it.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @Idrissshatila, 
Actually, the slicer allows to select just one Sprint. If we make that a Checkbox that will create other issues in visuals as we don't want to mix the data from one sprint with others. But just a single visual that need to compare with last 2 sprints.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Hello @prabhatnath ,

to select more than one value in a slicer, you set the slicer to multi-select from the formatting of the slicer as shown in the screenshot.

Idrissshatila_0-1685444072374.png

then to select more than one value, you click Ctrl and click on the checkbox in the slicer.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @Idrissshatila ,
Thank you for the input, but the slicer is a dropdown with single value selection and cant not be changed to multi select as per business. So looking for the option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.