Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AwesomePowerBI
Regular Visitor

Column Chart - Shade Future Dates with Week end date on x-axis

Hi Experts,

I have a stacked column chart with continuous x-axis for date. (Future dates are shaded to differentiate between past and futute)

AwesomePowerBI_0-1666536571699.png

For better readability, I want to change the x-axis labels from Year to Week End Date and hence I am using Categorical x-axis. But while doing so, I lose the ability to create a dynamic x-axis vertical refrence line and the shaded area as shown below:

AwesomePowerBI_1-1666536775471.png

Can anyone guide me on how to get the below final output as below  :
1. Week end dates on x-axis
2. Future dates shaded

AwesomePowerBI_2-1666537026752.png

Sample .pbix file : - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DRZZCAml9qixp0T5UVHim6F_LDyk6IzT/view?usp=sharing

@parry2k 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AwesomePowerBI did you check this blog post I have on shading/highlight the data area Enhance Report Visuals by Highlighting Data Points! (perytus.com)

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make effort to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Glad to hear, and don't forget to subscribe to my youtube channel. Good luck!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Sai_Alkesh I just checked the link and it is working, here it is again Enhance Report Visuals by Highlighting Data Points! (perytus.com) also there is a sample download link at the bottom of the page.

Do join my youtube channel at youtube.com/@PowerBIHowTo

Thank you so very much @parry2k .

Works like a charm 

Sai_Alkesh
Helper II
Helper II

@parry2k - hi, can you please share your PBIX file. I have a similar query, where i need to highlight future periods, where i have multiple values and not able to proceed. Your earlier links do not seem to have the file.

Thank you in advance.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AwesomePowerBI Glad to hear. I realized I don't have a video of this one on my YT channel. Going to do a video soon, please share the channels with others. Cheers!!

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make effort to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AwesomePowerBI did you check this blog post I have on shading/highlight the data area Enhance Report Visuals by Highlighting Data Points! (perytus.com)

@parry2k Worked like a charm !! Awesome Solution 🙂

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AwesomePowerBI ,

Could you pls share your pbix file ,Remember to remove confidential data.

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi @v-luwang-msft 
Thanks for your reply. Attached is the .pbix file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DRZZCAml9qixp0T5UVHim6F_LDyk6IzT/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.