Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skyraptor
Frequent Visitor

Column Chart Filter On 2 Fields

I have a column chart (using Table 2) that I'm trying to filter a data table (Table 1) based on 2 fields (LOB1 and LOB2).

Table 1:

AssetCORPTVLOB APPLOB1LOB2
A11CORP, TVCORPTV
B10CORPCORP 

Table 2:

LOBCount
CORP2
TV1

Table 1 essentially contains my raw data and there are situations where an Asset (such as A) can have more than one LOB. In my graph, I want to be able to click on CORP and Asset A and B would show up. (This is what I currently have). And then, if I click on TV, only Asset A would show up.

I currently have the two tables linked together, just so that I can have the counts created to create a column chart.

1.jpg

And then if I click on CORP in the chart, both Asset A and B will show up on the table - which is great.

2.jpg

But then, I want to click on TV and only have Asset A show up. For the table relationships, I can only figure out a way to just do one active relationship, so it is currently just LOB to LOB1.

And for now, nothing will show for Asset A in the table.

3.jpg

Is there a way to have an override with two active relationships? I know I can also have Asset A appear as 2 rows of data, but I'd like to ideally keep it all as 1 row.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
olgad
Super User
Super User

Hi, can you add asset to your Table 2 and create relationship based on the Asset? Crossfilter both: then it functions quite like you want it to.

olgad_0-1680356504913.png

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
PROUD TO BE A SUPER USER!
Best Stories, Interesting Cases: PowerBI Storytime Newsletter
Linkedin Profile: Linkedin
YouTube Channel: PowerBI Storytime

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
olgad
Super User
Super User

Hi, can you add asset to your Table 2 and create relationship based on the Asset? Crossfilter both: then it functions quite like you want it to.

olgad_0-1680356504913.png

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
PROUD TO BE A SUPER USER!
Best Stories, Interesting Cases: PowerBI Storytime Newsletter
Linkedin Profile: Linkedin
YouTube Channel: PowerBI Storytime

This works wonderfully - thank you!! 

I was going crazy on how to get this to work, appreciate it so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.