Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

skyraptor
Frequent Visitor

Column Chart Filter On 2 Fields

I have a column chart (using Table 2) that I'm trying to filter a data table (Table 1) based on 2 fields (LOB1 and LOB2).

Table 1:

AssetCORPTVLOB APPLOB1LOB2
A11CORP, TVCORPTV
B10CORPCORP 

Table 2:

LOBCount
CORP2
TV1

Table 1 essentially contains my raw data and there are situations where an Asset (such as A) can have more than one LOB. In my graph, I want to be able to click on CORP and Asset A and B would show up. (This is what I currently have). And then, if I click on TV, only Asset A would show up.

I currently have the two tables linked together, just so that I can have the counts created to create a column chart.

1.jpg

And then if I click on CORP in the chart, both Asset A and B will show up on the table - which is great.

2.jpg

But then, I want to click on TV and only have Asset A show up. For the table relationships, I can only figure out a way to just do one active relationship, so it is currently just LOB to LOB1.

And for now, nothing will show for Asset A in the table.

3.jpg

Is there a way to have an override with two active relationships? I know I can also have Asset A appear as 2 rows of data, but I'd like to ideally keep it all as 1 row.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
olgad
Super User
Super User

Hi, can you add asset to your Table 2 and create relationship based on the Asset? Crossfilter both: then it functions quite like you want it to.

olgad_0-1680356504913.png

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
PROUD TO BE A SUPER USER!
Best Stories, Interesting Cases: PowerBI Storytime Newsletter
Linkedin Profile: Linkedin
YouTube Channel: PowerBI Storytime

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
olgad
Super User
Super User

Hi, can you add asset to your Table 2 and create relationship based on the Asset? Crossfilter both: then it functions quite like you want it to.

olgad_0-1680356504913.png

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
PROUD TO BE A SUPER USER!
Best Stories, Interesting Cases: PowerBI Storytime Newsletter
Linkedin Profile: Linkedin
YouTube Channel: PowerBI Storytime

This works wonderfully - thank you!! 

I was going crazy on how to get this to work, appreciate it so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.