Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

spandy34
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Column - 25% More of Actual v Planned

I have a table that has Planned Quantity and Actual Quantity columns and a Variance Column that takes the Actual Qty from Planned Qty.    I want a column called "25% More" that puts a "Yes" in the column where the Actual Quantity is 25% more than the Planned Quantity.

I also want another column called "25% Less" that puts a "Yes" in the 25% Less column where the Actual Quantity is 25% less than the Planned Quantity.

Can someone please help me.

@parry2k @tamerj1 @amitchandak @v-cgao-msft @Greg_Deckler 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @spandy34 

I'd argue with you about creating calculated columns for everything but you're not supplying much in the way of a use case so...

This should solve the first calculated column

IF(
	DIVIDE(
		[Actual],
		[Planned],
		BLANK()
	) >= 1.25,
	TRUE(),
	FALSE()
)

You weren't clear on "greater than or equal to" or just "greater than".  Adjust logic appropriately.

The second calculated column...reverse the logic.  Except you're probably looking for <= ..75, with the same caveat from "less than or equal to" or just "less than".

Hope this helps!  🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @spandy34 

I'd argue with you about creating calculated columns for everything but you're not supplying much in the way of a use case so...

This should solve the first calculated column

IF(
	DIVIDE(
		[Actual],
		[Planned],
		BLANK()
	) >= 1.25,
	TRUE(),
	FALSE()
)

You weren't clear on "greater than or equal to" or just "greater than".  Adjust logic appropriately.

The second calculated column...reverse the logic.  Except you're probably looking for <= ..75, with the same caveat from "less than or equal to" or just "less than".

Hope this helps!  🙂

That is fabulous thank you - it worked!  So when you said you would be reluctant to do a column, could you please show me what measure called "25% More" that Counts all the records where difference between the Actual and Planned is more that 25% of the Planned.

I am analysing visits and we want to know how many calls are 25% under what what required and how many are 25% over.

Thanks again for all your support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.