Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clustered bar chart with each cluster adding up to 100%

Hello, 

I am working with survey data in powerBI (apologies, cannot share client data), and have a multiselect question. Respondents are asked about how often the partake in different activities. I have the data unpivoted so one colum is the respondent ID, one is the activity they were asked about and the last is their response:pbi question 1.PNG

I can then use this to make a clustered bar chart using a measure, with each cluster being the activity asked about:

pbi question 2.PNG

However, the percentages arent quite right, and im struggling to get them to work, they either seem to be half what they should be, or add to more than 100% for each activity. I adapted a measure that was suggested here https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculating-Percentage-of-total-column-for-bar-chart/td-p/1... so now have 

Dine out Measure =
DIVIDE (
DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'Dine Out'[uuid] ),
CALCULATE ( COUNT ( 'Dine Out'[uuid] ), ALLEXCEPT ( 'Dine Out', 'Dine Out'[Response] ) )
)

But am new to PBI and not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the kind of question I have to work with a lot.

Best wishes!
2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think you should use COUNT function to calculate the number of uuid per Dine out per response.

Dine out Measure =
DIVIDE (
COUNT ( 'Dine Out'[uuid] ),
CALCULATE ( COUNT ( 'Dine Out'[uuid] ), ALLEXCEPT ( 'Dine Out', 'Dine Out'[Response] ))
)

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Thanks for the responses, I actually started with that code and ran into the same problems. The general proportions are right but the actual percents are incorrect and add up to less than 100%. Do you potentially know of any other ways?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.